Westover Church was organized in response to the needs of fifteen or twenty Methodists who began meeting for prayer and sometimes for worship services in a private school building on the farm of N.B. Early, Jr. In September 1909, seventeen of their number took vows to become charter members of Westover Methodist Church.
A site for the building was chosen and a contract was signed for James E Harlow to build the frame church at the cost of $1200. The building committee, probably trustees, were S.D Kirtley, A.J. Stephens, and N.B. Early, Jr. The building was completed and furnished for its dedication in 1913. A cemetary was established on the Church grounds and remains a part of the church property.
A Carneigie Organ was given to the church and remains in the sanctuary today.